Toulouse-Lautrec's Paris (2010)


Art Exhibition at San Diego Museum of Art.

Loved it. Mostly lithograph. I remember working with lithograph in high school, but have basically forgotten most of what I was suppose to be learning. Also drawings and sketches.

Saw pictures as well of the artist and the Paris he lived in. Lautrec doesn't look like a little person, if I can say that. He might have been small, but not in the way he's portrayed in Moulin Rouge film. As for the Paris of his age, I guess the future romanticizes about those headier days, but when I say actual pictures of it, it looks like squalor. I like modern images of Paris better. Another info I didn't know about him was that he was from a rich family.

Other than works of Toulouse-Lautrec, I was surprised at other things the museum held. This isn't NYC of SF after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...