The Secret Life of Chaos (2010)


OMFG. Clearly a must watched for any nerd. Actually making me think I want to pursue microbiology with emphasis on organic mathematics? Is there such a field of study? Idk.

I haven't been this amazed since the time I watched Nova's feature on Mendelbrot's fractals. So fractals like those other phenomenons mentioned on The Secret Life of Chaos has connections with feedback effect and of course, the namesake, chaos. I admit, the first time I heard about quantum physics, I didn't like it. Didn't like the randomness, or more aptly put chaos, involved. It wasn't elegant or safe. Now I think, it is quiet beautiful. That Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction was mind-blowing.

Watching pieces like this, makes me begin to believe, that perhaps the little world that I have made for myself is good enough ... as if I'm discovering secrets all for myself and myself alone.

There's another documentary with Professor Jim Al-Khalili as host I want to watch after seeing this.

Also, rip Benoit Mendelbrot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...