Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I


First part of the last Harry Potter novel series. There are some noticeable deviations from the book, or I can't remember, because it's been awhile since I read it. This film starts with Harry leaving Privet Drive, and ends with (spoiler) Voldemort taking Dumbledore's wand.

I loved it. I must say, this must be the best I've seen yet of the film series. The length of Harry Potter films can be noticeable, but this time, I actually wanted it to be lengthier. Also, I found myself often looking away or closing my eyes, because it was scary. I watched it with my friend and she kept giggling for what ever reason, and I started giggling. I don't know. It's quite poignant the way the audience grows up along with the movie characters as well as the story itself. I mean, if I were eight years old, I'd be wetting my pants with fear if I watched this.

(Spoiler) When Dobby died, I started hearing plenty of coughing in the audience. I know what they were doing. Trying to hide leaky eyes and noises with coughing. It made me think of a documentary I saw long ago, or perhaps it was an article, pointing out how we humans tend to exhibit more compassion than what can be explained out with present evolutionary theories ... or something like that. Dobby isn't a real creature, he's made out of pixels ... freakin' CGI, and yet I hear men and woman uncleverly hiding their tears with coughing. Then again ... I got a bit teary watching Wall-E when it came to this idea of having ruined the Earth and coming back to it - because it is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...